The Community Plan for Holloway has been awarded a grant to supports its campaign for the local community to be at the heart of redevelopment plans for the former women’s prison in North London.
We are looking for a person who can drive forward the Community Plan. You will be a self-starter and have experience of working on a small campaign.
Role: Self-employed community organiser
Fee: £16,000 per year for 20 hours a week
The contractor will be responsible for paying their own National
Insurance and tax, and will not be entitled to pension contributions,
holiday or sick pay when they’re not working.
Hours can be worked flexibly, but evening and weekend working
maybe required for example to support internal governance and
wider public meetings.
Period: One year in the first instance (we are seeking further grants to
support the project)
Location: Office in Islington, with attendance at meetings required at other
locations in Central / North London.
Key tasks, for which relevant skills and experience are required:
- Building relationships and networks to listen to and amplify diverse voices across the local community
- Working with the board to maximise creative opportunities for community engagement
- Setting up and maintaining a campaign office
- Organising events, including local public meetings and workshops
- Overseeing all communications, including writing newsletters, print and publicity, emailing stakeholders, copy editing, updating website and social media.
- Administration – taking minutes, supporting bid-writing for funding and maintaining records, including expenses.
- Other reasonable activities including as required to ensure the local community is involved meaningfully in the development of the site.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is Sunday 15 September.
Interviews will be week beginning 23 September during working hours.
Download this job advert in PDF format here: Community Plan for Holloway Community Organiser Job Advert